My everyday beauty routine

Hey! I haven't blogged in a couple of days (sorry about that) but I thought I'd do a little post about my beauty routine that I do every morning and maybe it will give you some ideas for yourself to try out:)

Okay first and foremost I always moisturise before applying any make-up to my face. I apply this to all areas of my face and down my neck too to keep my neck feeling soft and fresh.
Now I have been using this product for a while I must say that I do like it a lot! Now if like me, you have kind of oily skin you need to have a cream that not only calms down the shinny parts of your face but also gives you a full coverage. The consistency of this cream does have a slight watery feel to it, but since mine is for combination skin, I think it compliments my skin type perfectly.

                                                        
                                       Garnier Skin Naturals - Essentials Hydrating Day Care
                                                           Normal to Combination Skin

After applying my moisturising cream, I then go on to actually adding my make-up to my face.


                                                 (This is all of the make-up I usually use)


First off, I use my Rimmel - Wake Me Up Foundation in the colour Natural Beige. I have gone through 2 bottles of this stuff, so I think its safe to say I am loving this right now. I first purchased the lighter shade, which I believe is in the colour Classic Beige. However, I frequently kept getting comments (mainly from my mum) that I looked kind of pale. I then started putting more and more on in the mornings in the hope that I would begin to look slightly less pale but that was to no avail. I then purchased the slightly darker shade (Natural Beige) and now I feel much more fresh faced and less zombie like. The good thing about this foundation is that it also has SPF 15 within it. Now, I wouldn't say I'm a 'sun worshiper,' but sometimes when I am out in the sun I do forget to cream up my face. But with the SPF 15 already in the foundation, I think its perfect! I could go on and on about how much I love this foundation, there are so many good qualities to it (once you find the correct shade for you) and it isn't expensive either so its a good deal all round really.

After my foundation, I then use my Maybelline New York - FIT Me concealer in shade 35 called Deep. I apply this using my new Barry M concealer brush that I recently purchased from Boots. Now I apply this under my eyes and around my temples, mainly because around those areas they are fairly blue from my veins. So this covers up those areas for me perfectly. I first applied this with my fingers, but found once I purchased the brush that it was much easier to get full and even coverage without it being obvious that I have concealer there because come on, we don't want people to know EVERYTHING we wear do we?


I then go onto applying my eyeshadow; I use MUA - Eyeshadow Palette Glitter Ball. Now, because I the colours of the eyeshadow's aren't wrote on the product I have taken 3 different pictures to show you what colours I use and when I use them.

 
I use this colour, which I guess is kind of a light grey, but once its on your lids it comes out a very pale cream/beige colour. I use my Barry M Eyeshadow brush, and I use this colour just to cover the base of my eyelids. It gives my eyes a more fresh fill and begins to make them look slightly bigger.
 
 
 
I then apply this deep brown colour into the crease of my eyes. This colour blends really well with the base colour, and gives the eye a much more full and deeper look. This also makes my eyes look slightly darker, rather than just having a light shade as a whole colour.
 
 
 
I finally, add this glittery black into the corners of each of my eyes. Doing this, gives my eyes more
of a cat-eye look which I like. I then use my Cosmopolitan - Eyeshadow Blender Brush to blend all of the colours together to make a nice warm, brown/black colour.
 

 
After finishing with my eyeshadow, I then move onto my mascara. I use two different types, the first to add the base which lifts my eyelashes and the second to add the curl and volume to them. I use Max Factor - Masterpiece Max (High Volume and Definition Mascara) as the base mascara. This gently rises my eyelashes (if I haven't already used my eyelash curler) and just adds a soft amount of mascara to them giving a natural look. Sometimes, if I want the more natural look I will leave them just like that, but as this is my usual everyday beauty routine, I would normally add the second mascara afterwards.
The second mascara I use is Maybelline New York - The Falsies Volume Express Mascara (Black Drama). Now because of the curled brush, this mascara really helps lift and curl my lashes even more giving a very nice effect to my eyes. Now I purchased this after watching a make-up tutorial on YouTube, and noticing that the girls eyelashes looked amazing. I am quite hard to please when it comes to mascara, but I really do like this one. With the curled brush, it really lifts my eyelashes and gives them a much longer and fuller look that I like. I always get many comments on my eyelashes, with people asking if they are real or fake, which I take as a compliment because this mascara must be doing something right! I can't recommend this mascara enough for anyone who likes their eyelashes to look curled and lifted without using much of the mascara in the process.
 
Finally, the last product I add is my Collection 2000 - Bronzed Mosaic Shimmering Glow Powder. I have recently stopped using blusher and mainly only wearing bronzer instead, because I wanted my cheeks to have a more natural tone to them instead of being pink for a change. I apply this bronzer using a simple bronzer brush that I purchased from my local supermarket called Sainsbury's for a reasonable price. Now, I wouldn't say I'm a massive fan of bronzer but since using this one, I have really grown fond of it. I like the way it defines my cheek bones and adds a nice (and natural) shimmer to my cheeks. With past bronzers that I have used, they tend to make me seem quite orange and much too dark for my skin tone, but this one compliments my skin perfectly and really blends well with the foundation and concealer I use.
 
 
To finish I usually add either a lip-gloss or lipstick to fully complete the look.
 
 
 
And this is how it all looks put together:) (oh and this is me!)
 
Hope you enjoyed my little look into my daily routine.
 
X
 

Comments

Popular Posts