My Daily Skincare Routine | Skincare



It's always horrible waking up on a Monday morning, realising you have work (boo) and feeling even more tired than when you went to bed in the first place. So for me, one way I like to revive and make myself look less tired, is by a regular skincare routine. Now I know I probably don't have the BEST skincare routine out there, but this one works well for me and my skin.

When I've finally stumbled out of bed, I usually stare at myself in the reflection for a while, almost gobsmacked that I look this rough every morning. After drowning in self pity for a bit, I'll open my draw and grab my Johnson's Face Care Makeup Be Gone Refreshing Wipes and gently wipe around my eyes, getting off any excess makeup from the day before that I've rubbed off in the night. I always find that even though I take my makeup off before bed, I usually wake up with a slight panda eyes. I love this wipes; I've been using them for a good couple of years now, and I just feel they refresh my skin so nicely and make my skin feel so smooth afterwards.

Once I have finished with those, I'll then use Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water by pouring a small amount of it onto a cotton bud. I will then gently wipe the cleansing water across my entire face, making sure that I don't miss a spot and wait for a couple of minutes to let it sink into my skin. One of the handy things about this is that you don't need to rinse it off and wash it away afterwards, as it dries into your skin in a matter of seconds, leaving your face feeling smooth and refreshed.

Afterwards, I move over to my dressing table, and reach for my two pots of creams. I have quite oily skin, so I always find it tricky to find a cream that properly compliments my skin. But I have been using both of these for a while now, and I feel they really do hydrate my skin nicely.
I use the Benefit Total Moisture Facial Cream all over my face firstly, making sure I add just a little bit extra to the tip of my nose as that is a spot that always ends up the driest. I absolutely love this stuff, it works so well with my skin most importantly, but it also makes my skin feel so soft as I apply my makeup. I love it when a cream makes your foundation apply that little bit more smoother.
Finally, I will use my Benefit It's Potent! Eye Cream by dabbing it around my eyes and onto my eyelids. This cream is slightly tinted as its main purpose is to cover dark circles under your eyes. I think it makes such a difference to the way my eyes look in the morning, they go from that tired half-asleep look, so wide awake and ready to start the day look. It is a really soft texture, which makes it super easy to rub around your eyes without leaving any excess cream on your fingers or around your face.

So that is my every day skincare routine, what is your usual routine? Do you use any of the same products as me?

Johnson's Face Care Makeup Be Gone Refreshing Wipes - £3.19
Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water - £3.33
Benefit Total Moisture Facial Cream - £29.50
Benefit It's Potent! Eye Cream - £25.50

Comments

Popular Posts