All Things Beauty | Haul


My 21st birthday was on the 29th September, so for a treat my mum and I went up to London for a day and 1 night, and I had a major splurge clothes and beauty wise. As I've gotten older, I feel like I've grown and grown into being a make-up addict (I can't stop buying!) and I just love watching all those beauty tutorials videos on YouTube.
I didn't purchase all of these myself, some were presents for my birthday, and others I purchased a little while after my birthday.

Yves Saint Laurent 'Le Teint Touche Éclat' Foundation - This was a complete new purchase, and something that I had been eyeing up for quite a while. I've always wanted to try some make-up from the YSL counter, but I've never really known what I wanted to try. So when my foundation was beginning to come to an end, I thought I'd have a little browse of their selection of foundations.
There were 4 different foundations types to choose from, all offering a range of different qualities each of them had, but I decided on the 'Le Teint Touche Éclat' foundation. This is very different from any other foundation I have used before; being a light-weight foundation, its purpose is to cover the dullness and imperfections in your skin, yet keeps the natural contours of your face and doesn't cover them.
 
I haven't been using this foundation very long, but so far so good! It glides on so smoothly, and matches perfectly with my skin tone. I got mine in BD 10 Beige Dore, but I found that there were two other shades that would've also suited my complexion, so I don't think there would ever be a struggle to find your own perfect match.
This retails at £31.50, which I think is a very reasonable price for a high-end brand foundation.


MAC Mineralise Skinfinish -
I absolutely adore this product, I have repurchased this twice already, and I am still loving it. I love the fact that it has the blend of a highlighted tone and soft bronzed tone running through it, so if you aren't so confident in the contour and highlight side of things, this is a perfect balance of the two for you.
I purchased mine in the shade 'Soft and Gentle', which I have heard is one of their most popular versions of it (and I can see why!). It blends into your skin easily, and the highlight gives that beautiful soft shine across your cheeks that just looks stunning when the light hits it. I got this one for £24.00 in the MAC in Selfridges.


MAC Eyelashes - I haven't actually used either of these lashes yet, since they were only purchased recently, but if my previous MAC eyelashes are anything to go by then I know I will love them.
I got a number 4 for a more natural, everyday lash look, and the 48 lashes for a more dramatic eye.
 
One thing I do really like about MAC lashes is that they last for such a long time before you need to repurchase them; sometimes cheaper lashes can begin to separate or the glue can make the lash line go a bit weird looking quickly, whereas I can find my MAC lashes seem to last much longer and keep in better condition.
Both of these lashes retail at £10.50 on the MAC website.

Urban Decay Naked Smokey Eye Palette - This palette was something I had literally been lusting over since I fist laid eyes on it, and when I received it as a present for my birthday, I had to stop myself from dribbling over it. Urban Decay always deliver on their eyeshadow palettes, so I knew that I wasn't going to be disappointed with the colours in this one either.
I usually find myself wearing a more smokey eye on an everyday basis, so this palette is perfect for anyone who feels the same way. One thing I loved about it was that the colours were all very diverse, and easy to apply and blend. Sometimes I find that I only use about 2 or 3 colours in the palette, and never touch the rest, but in this palette the colours blend so well with each other that I find myself wearing a different combination everyday.

The brush inside is also very useful; with a shadow brush one end and the smudge one the other, it makes it a lot easier for you to get your desired look. This retails at £38.00, like the other Urban Decay eyeshadow palettes.



Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz -
I have been using this product for over a year now, and I still adore it. It glides on easily, and is super duper simple for beginners to use, and find there own style with. I recently dyed by hair a lot lighter, so I purchased this in the shade 'Soft brown', but due to my natural eyebrow hairs being slightly darker, I feel that I might have purchased the wrong shade. But using my dip brow over the top, gives it that nicer colour that suits my natural eyebrows a lot better. I purchased this for £15.50 on the Cult Beauty website.
I have already done a review on this product here if you want to check it out and see what I REALLY thought of it.

Urban Decay Naked 'On the Run' - I got this as a present for my birthday by one of the close friends, and it was something that I had been eyeing up for quite a while every time I walked past the Urban Decay counter in my local Debenhams. It always seemed like such a cool idea to me; it has a blush and bronze section, 5 eyeshadow's, a mini version of the Urban Decay Perversion mascara, the Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on Eye Pencil and a Urban Decay Ultra Moisturising Gloss in the shade 'Sesso.'
 
I love the idea that you have your entire make-up bag, in the little compact that you can just carry around in your bag, and use when you either on a long journey somewhere or just want to top up on something quickly. It also works as a little tester for the mascara, something I was very eager to try out, so I liked the idea of being able to try it before committing and buying a full priced one.
This one retails at £37.00.

 

Charlotte Tilbury 'Filmstar Bronze and Glow' - When I was browsing around in Selfridges, I almost felt myself pull towards the Charlotte Tilbury counter almost immediately. I have never purchased anything from here before, mainly due to the price range on the products, but even though this one was probably one of the more expensive ones, I still had to just grab it and buy it straight away.
I have watched so many beauty YouTuber's using this product in their videos and so many blog posts on this one, that in the end they all tempted me. And I am not disappointed in the slightest. I applies evenly, and it is very easy to build it up or just go for a more subtle contour look.
 
The sculpt side of the product isn't too dark like some bronzers can be, so it blends nicely into your skin giving you a natural look, along with the highlight that just glides on beautifully on top of it. I purchased this one for £49.00, which is quite pricey, but I think if you want to splurge on anything, splurge on this because I just adore it already and it is by far the best contour kit I have ever used.


 
Did you like anything here too? Or have you tried them out already for yourself?

Comments

Popular Posts