Bookworm #1

Hey guys!
So as I mentioned in one of my older posts, I am going to start doing a monthly review of my favourite book that I have read in that month. I know it isn't fashion/beauty related but I thought its nice to just write about something different every now and then haha!
 
Okay so my favourite book of the month is......
 
 
'The Fault In Our Stars' by John Green.
 
The book follows a young teenage girl called Hazel Grace Lancaster with terminal cancer, who meets a boy called Augustus Waters in her Cancer Kid Support Group. They then embark on a journey of beautiful, young love. Its a beautiful yet heart breaking book, and I just love it. It is definitely my favourite book and one of the best I have ever read (yeah its that good!) I don't want to spoil it too much, so I will try to keep the plot as vague as possible!
 
The book has a perfect mixture of both humour and tragedy, which makes it even more believable and realistic in a sense. Almost every time I finished a chapter or two I couldn't help but say to my mum how beautifully written it was. It's almost poetic the way words work with each other, its just amazing. Sometimes when you a read a book you can sit there with the blankest facial expression ever, but with this I was laughing at what Isaac (another boy from the support group, and a definite contender for my favourite character) would come out with and literally going 'awww' at the exchanges between Hazel and Augustus. They were just adorable.
 
The rawness of how the characters deal with cancer, and the side-effects of treatments, is so realistic and isn't at all softened for the reader. And that's what I like about it. Having had two family members who have had cancer myself, some of the things that happened with a few of the characters, treatment wise, was very familiar which made it very real for me. John Green deals with the very hard topic of cancer in a very genuine way and doesn't attempt to make it seem better than what it is, which draws you in emotionally to these characters.
 
 I would highly recommend this book for literally anyone who wants to read a very genuine and real book. I have literally told all of my friends and family about this, I just cannot stop telling people to read it. It's a definite must-read because you will feel so disappointed missing out on this, believe me.
I'm also super duper excited because this book is being made into a movie! The film is set to come out June 6th this year and I think its safe to say I am very very very excited about this. I'm one of those people who literally look up all the interviews from the cast and everything on the build up to the film being released (sad I know haha) which I think has ignited my enthusiasm for this film even more! I'm usually one of those people who always says 'read the book first' but I think with this it doesn't matter, its not one of those overly complicated stories where if you haven't read the book first you walk out of the cinema like 'what happened there????' haha.

So yeah, if you haven't read this book yet I literally demand that you do (I mean that in the nicest way possible!) It's funny, sweet, cute, sad, beautiful...just basically brilliant! Definite must-read!
10/10!


Thanks for reading!
XX 


Comments

Popular Posts