Monthly Favourites | July

Hello sweets!
It has literally been almost 2 MONTHS since I have posted anything on here, my apologies, but I have had no Wi-Fi for that long as I have recently moved house. Don't want to bore you all with the details, but basically the area I now live in, doesn't get the most brilliant Wi-Fi connection so it took BT 2 months to actually get us it. BUT finally, I am back, and I have missed blogging so much! I thought it would be just a nice way to swing things off again with a little monthly favourites post, where I have kinda combined the past couple of months, and rolled them into one.
Hope you enjoy!
 
 
 
So these are my three beauty favourites I have been using recently...

L'Oreal Paris Sublime Bronze (Express Pro Self-Tanning Dry Mist) -
 
My mum actually introduced this one to me a few weeks ago, since I kept commenting on how tanned she looked, and I couldn't be more happier with the results! I got this in the shade 'medium tan' as I didn't want to look too dark (and silly) or for it to just make zero difference. Its a gradual tan, so over time it will make you get more and more of a tan, which I prefer as its just more natural and more glow-like. Unlike when you buy an instant tan, it either turns you so you look like you've been tangoed or like most instant tans, washes off as soon as you take a shower. This one stays on and doesn't wash off after one wash too, which is brilliant!
It does comment saying that it doesn't have a smell, but of course like most spray tans, it does. It isn't the best smelling thing in the world, but the odour doesn't stick to you all day and soon goes away, so there's no need to worry.
 
Obviously with a gradual tan there isn't a massive difference that you can always notice, but I have had comments from other people saying that I look like I have a nice healthy glow now, which is brilliant. I can't quite remember how much I paid for it, but it won't be expensive as it isn't one of the high self tanning brands.
 

MAC Prep + Prime Skin Base Visage -
 
So before I tried this, I had never used a prep + prime on my face (don't kill me!). I just never really thought I needed it or really saw the point in them in all honesty. But I decided to take the plunge and order this one from MAC. I know that you can probably get much cheaper ones from your local drug store, but I had heard good things about this one from friends, so I thought I'd just go for it!
This has now become an official makeup staple for me; every time I do my makeup I ALWAYS use this now. I saw the difference almost as soon as I applied it the first day; my foundation and concealer stayed on brilliantly all day, and I didn't see any parts where some had simply just came off during the course of the day. My skin feels so different now, its so soft and my makeup just applies so evenly now. You don't need to use much, so I can see this bottle lasting me for a quite a while. You literally just squeeze out a little onto your hand, and dab it onto the key places (nose, chin, above the lip, cheeks and forehead). It isn't the cheapest thing on the market, so if you can find a cheaper one go for it, but in my opinion its worth the extra. MAC are selling it for £21.00, so in my opinion, if you are in the market looking for a prep + prime, I would fork out and get this one!
 
 
Zoeva 102 Silk Finish brush -
 
I had wanted to try out this bad boy for a little while now, since seeing people on YouTube (Zoella, Tanya Burr etc.) using this brush in their makeup tutorials. It always looked like it buffed in so nicely and always left an amazing finish. I ordered this online, after finally giving in, and I have just loved it ever since. The bristles are so soft and gentle on your face, it literally feels amazing, I just find myself sometimes brushing it over my face over and over again haha. I've used two different kinds of foundation since I have purchased this brush, and it has just made both of them look immaculate each time. It buffs into your skin really nicely, and gives such a nice finish. If like me, you have slightly oily skin, then sometimes foundation just looks so shiny after you've applied it, that you have to add quite a bit of powder after to set it. But with this brush it just buffs in so well, that I find myself barely adding any powder now.
 
I got this from their actual site, which is based in Germany, (click here for the link) but the delivery was so quick surprisingly! I also purchased the Zoeva 110 Face Shape brush, which I adore as well.
The Silk Finish brush was only £10.50, which I thought was a bargain, and its by far one of the best brushes I have used recently! A must-buy in my opinion.
 
 
 
The Mortal Instruments Series by Cassandra Clare -
 
I have been LOVING this book series the past few months; so when the final book (City of Heavenly Fire) came out recently I literally ran down to Waterstones to get it. I only have these two books in the series in actual paper back, as the others are all on my kindle, but my kindle hasn't been working properly so I had to buy them paper back instead (which I actually prefer).
 
If you haven't read the series or seen the movie, then this story follows Clary Fray, a seemingly average teenager, who finds out she actually comes from a line of Shadow Hunters in a world she never knew existed. Along with her friend, an non-shadow hunter, Simon Lewis, and new friends Jace Herondale, Isabelle Lightwood and Alec Lightwood, they fight off demons and other creatures.
I know that probably wasn't the best summary but I'm sure there are many other better versions online (haha!).
 
The books are just amazing and so addictive, I just find myself reading these for hours without even realising it. I know that the film didn't get good reviews, even though I really liked it, but the books really are so good. If you are looking for a new fantasy book to read, then I would highly recommend picking this up and giving it a go! I'm sure you won't be disappointed:)
 
 
 
 
 
 
The Fault in our Stars movie -
 
Now, as you may or may not know, I am a massive fan of the book, so I was so excited to see this film when I heard about it. Of course, book to film adaptions haven't always turned out brilliantly in the past, and since this is my favourite book, I was kinda worried to begin with. But I freakin' LOVED this film so much!
 
When I first saw the people playing Hazel and Augustus, I wasn't so keen, but after seeing the film they were just perfect as them. They embodied the characters so well in my opinion, and really made them come to life so well in the film. I surprisingly didn't cry as much as I did when I read the book, but the film did still bring a few tears to my eyes when I was watching it. I just thought it was amazing and so well acted by Shailene Woodley, Ansel Elgort and everyone else. The scenes in particular that featured Hazel's parents really were heart-wrenching to watch, and were so beautifully acted, I just loved it.
 
All in all if you haven't seen this film yet, WHAT ARE YOU DOIN' WITH YOUR LIVES?! (only kidding!) but seriously get your butts down to the cinema and watch it asap, you won't regret it!
 
 
 
So these were my top favourites recently, I hope you guys enjoyed the post and I promise now that I finally have Wi-Fi you will be seeing more from me!:)
 
Thanks for reading!
Paige
xo


Comments

Popular Posts