My Recent Beauty Purchases | Haul

Hey!
I haven't done a beauty based post in a while, so when I got some new products a little while ago I literally made a promise to myself that I would do a haul post once I've used them and then I can give a more in depth review on them. (I've used some of these products too, so if you're wondering why they look used its because they are haha!)


Urban Decay Naked Palette 2, Hoola by Benefit, Radiance Reveal Healthy Mix foundation by Bourjois, Stay Matte powder by Rimmel, and Nude Magique BB Cream by L'Oreal Paris.
 
 
1. Naked Palette 2 - I have absolutely been ADORING these eyeshadow's so much its unreal. The colours are very neutral and easy to blend with each other, which I love because sometimes you can buy a palette and some of the colours you just see and think 'when am I ever going to wear that?!' but that isn't a problem with this!
 
 
 These are the colours inside; they all look quite used, so I do apologise that they aren't in their pristine condition anymore! But you can still get the general idea. There are a lot of pinky colours in this palette, which usually I would really like since I like more browns and darker colours, but they just look so lovely when applied and they make fantastic base colours. My number one base colour at the moment is 'Booty Call', this photo doesn't do it justice (it wouldn't focus properly *grrr*) but its a real subtle pretty colour and its just perfect to blend with too.
 
I have the first Naked Palette as well, but I have to say that I definitely have used more of the colours in this palette in comparison (even though I adore the other one too!) so I would definitely recommend this particular palette for people who aren't too into the darker colours and like the more neutral and subtle colours, mixed with rich browns and copper colours.  
 
 
2. Hoola by Benefit - This product has been around for a while now, and I've seen so many beauty bloggers/vloggers talking about it so I just gave in and finally went out and got myself it. And I have to agree with them entirely; for those who have no idea what this is, it is a bronzer. I always seem to have the trouble with finding a bronzer which actually blends well and evenly with my skin, without it looking like I either have a much darker section on my cheeks or a far too radiant glow, but this blends perfectly. I've used this a few times now, and each time I just look and think it improves my whole makeup look so much. I don't have those gorgeous cheek bones that some girls (and boys) have which literally could cut paper, but whenever I apply this they literally pop. It completely re-defines the shape of my face and just gives me more structure, which I like.
 
 
It does look like it has a glow to it in this picture, but its much more subtle in person. It's just blends to easily into your skin and leaves a flawless finish, so you don't have to keep blending and blending for ages until it finally looks even and natural. Because in the end you don't want people to know you're wearing bronzer, you just want them to see and just think that you have good cheek bones haha.
 
 
3. Radiance Reveal Healthy Mix Foundation by Bourjois - I've been using this foundation for a while now and I'm still un-decided on whether I love it or hate it right now. Now hate is a strong word, but you know what I mean. I got this in the shade 'Vanilla' which at first I kept thinking that it was way too light for me, but I have gotten a few compliments on how natural my foundation looks so that's always good. I do think that it gives me a much more natural appearance now because I have the problem that sometimes when you try out a foundation in the shop, it looks perfect, but then when you apply it your face at home it just looks way too dark and you just look like you've dipped your face in a bowl of it.  
 
 
As you can see its a really nice creamy colour, and it just blends really nicely into my skin. The only downside I am having is that I find that my nose and just above my eyebrow have gotten dryer since using this foundation, BUT I am starting to think that this could be because of my cream I have been using and it just isn't working well. Other than that, I haven't had anything else about it bother me that much its overall a nice, natural foundation.
 
 
4. Stay Matte Powder by Rimmel - I literally cannot recommend this product enough I don't think! After watching numerous beauty videos on YouTube and seeing the girls all using this product, I just had to go out and purchase it to see what all the fuss was about, and now I understand completely. It blends so well and just looks so natural against your skin, no one would ever even notice you had it on. It applies really evenly to your skin, and covers literally any colour foundation I have used each time and looks amazing. It gives my skin such a nice finish once I've applied my foundation, I literally cannot fault it at all.
 
I purchased this in the shade 'Silky Beige' but I know that there is a transparent one which a lot of people use, and that one is made to go over any foundation colour so I think I will purchase that one next time, but this one has been amazing as well. I just couldn't get over how well it matched my foundation each time I wore a different one, its weird yet so essential because girls are always changing their foundations so its vital we have a powder which can blend with each one we have without it looking like an entirely different colour.
 
 

 
5. Nude Magique BB Cream by L'Oreal Paris -  I had never tried anything like this before when I first purchased this, so it was completely new to me but I had heard a lot of positive things about BB Cream so I thought I'd give it a go. Its a 5 in 1 bare skin beautifier which mimics the texture and glow of perfect bare skin. It 5 in 1 mixture is meant to give you flawless coverage, perfectly even skin texture, fresh dewy glow, 24hour hydration and it protects you with SPF 12 (not so necessary at the moment if you live in the UK but oh well). The first thing that completely shocked me was the colour of it when it first comes out of the tube. Its comes out white with small blue specs, nothing how I imagined. To begin with I thought I had purchased the wrong thing and was about to kick myself, but once I rubbed it in it magically became foundation coloured. I got this in shade for light skin tones because the medium was far too dark, but I was afraid the light would be too light but it blended perfectly with my skin. Its just perfect for those days that you can't bothered to add foundation or are just lounging around the house, its so subtle, natural and light on your skin its just perfect. It blended really evenly with my skin tone, so I would imagine it blends well with any light tone. It seems like one of those foundations that just blends with any skin type and still look natural.
 
 
This is how it looks before you've blended it into your skin properly, so don't be like me and panic when you see this just ignore it and rub it in a voilà it becomes foundation!  
 
 
Hope you enjoyed the little post guys, and thanks for reading!
XX


Comments

Popular Posts