Haul | Debenhams, Dorothy Perkins, Office and more!


Hey everyone! Its that time again, I went shoppppping. I really needed to have a blitz and I've recently cleared my wardrobe out, so I needed to find some suitable replacements. I don't know if I'm the only one, but whenever I go shopping now all I think is 'oh can't wait to blog about this later!' so I hope you agree with what I got and like them too!



Topshop top - £18.00 down to £14.40
Topshop earrings - £2.50 down to £2.00
'Mood' by Jon Richard - £12.00 down to £9.60
 
Debenhams are currently having something called a 'Mega Week' at the moment, so I went in there really wanting to take advantage of it considering it was all 20% or 25% off. Unfortunately, that didn't really happen and I only ended up with 3 things. I find that whenever there is a sale anywhere, you can't really find anything you love but when there isn't you find everything! But regardless, I was very happy with my purchases.
 
I already own two of the same styled tops from Topshop; one in a light pink and the other in a burnt orange, but when I saw this I just loved it. I don't own anything in this blue and I just thought it looked so nice, especially for days when you want to just wear a pair of jeans or jeggings/leggings but still want to look smart. They are so loose fitting that you don't need to worry about it clinging to anything, I like that because I do like wearing tighter clothes but sometimes you just want to wear something and not have to worry about your stomach or anything. They are so reasonably priced as well, so I just had to have it.
I am a sucker for Topshop jewellery, I just can't seem to help myself, even if their stuff isn't always the best. I just like how everything looks different to each other and they can really fancy up an outfit too. I saw these and just thought they would be perfect for work and for going out too, and seeing how much they were definitely swayed me too. They are so light so I know they won't pull on my ears or hurt during the day after wearing them for a while because sometimes you can wear a really nice pair of earrings, but a couple of hours later your ears are aching so much because of the weight of them. So that teamed with the shape and how different I thought they looked, really made me buy them too.
Finally, my mum and I saw these in the jewellery bit with all of Debenhams brands ones and I just loved them. There are 4 separate rings, which we both thought was really cool because you are getting 4 completely different designs and you're only paying £9.60, whereas you would be paying much more if they were all sold separately. I am a big fan of wearing rings, and I just loved how different they all looked from each other. I just thought they were so reasonably priced for how many you were actually getting too.
 

 
Dress - £18.00 down to £16.20
Kimono - £30.00 down to £27.00
Leggings - £16.00 down to £11.20
Boots - £45.00 down to £36.00
 
Now I wouldn't say in the past that I was a huge fan of Dorothy Perkins, they never really seemed to hit the mark with me but they have recently reopened where I live and I've got to say, I love their new stock. I went in there expecting to not get anything, and ended up seeing so many nice clothes and shoes.
 
As soon as I walked in I saw both the dress and the kimono and literally fell in love. I am absolutely loving the shift dress fashion at the moment, so when I saw this one teamed with the Peter Pan collar I just fell in love right there and then. So like most shift dresses, it was nice and loose but it did have that little bit of tightness too which I liked. I just thought it looked so nice, and it didn't cling or anything, so it was perfect for my figure. I've also really wanted to get a kimono since I first ever saw one in a store, so its been a long time coming but I'm so glad I waited and got this one. Its so silky and has lace all around the sleeve at the end, which stops at my elbows, and I just love it. I got it in a slightly bigger size because I wanted that loose fitting look. It's just one of those things that you could literally wear anywhere; going out casually or going out for a night, its perfect.

My mum actually pointed these leggings out to me because she really liked the leather patches on it, and she thought it'd suit me. At first, I was a bit hesitant because I usually only buy my leggings from Next (haha I don't like change apparently!) but I just love these. The leather parts on it really do make it that bit different from just having a plain pair of leggings which can be boring. They are so comfortable too and nice and stretchy so they give you a lot of room. I just think these will look good with practically anything and can be dressed down or up, whatever you wanted.

Finally, the last thing I bought was the boots. Now I have been looking forever for another pair of boots since I only own 1 pair, and I wear them nearly all the time which isn't good. These are super comfortable and easy to walk in, so I think these are great even if you don't like heels. The heel is pretty low too once you wear them, so don't worry you won't feel like you're towering over everyone (well I'm only 5ft 4, so it doesn't effect me too much haha!) I also think these would be really practical for snowy/icy weather too because they have the little grips on the bottom. In the UK we kind of have to prepare ourselves for snow because we always get it in the winter regardless, so I think these will be perfect for it and they will still look fashionable too.
 

Office Heels - £50.00 down to £25.00
 
I love Office shoes, but I rarely buy anything from there whenever I go in so when I found these I was so happy. At first I read that they were £50.00 so I kind of wanted to walk away because I really didn't want to spend £50.00 just like that. But when I saw they were half-price, I just thought they were a bargain. These are fairly high once you put them on, but they are so easy to walk in. I haven't properly tested these out yet, but from walking around the store and my room, they seemed quite easy to walk in. They do rub my toes slightly because of the strap but they aren't an unbearable pain so I don't mind too much. I always find myself wearing the same heels out because they are so comfortable, so when I saw these I just thought they'd be a great pair to wear instead of always wearing my other ones. I find that heels with the thicker heel and the high platform at the front are so much easier to walk in than thin heels, they pretty much balance out your feet, so I totally recommend these kind of ones if like me, you do twist your ankle a little (....a lot!) when you are out. 
 


 
Trevor Sorbie 'Curls and Waves' Shampoo and Conditioner - £5.59 each
TRESemmé 'Instant Refresh' Dry Shampoo - £5.25
Max Factor 'Clump Defy' False Lash Effect Mascara - £10.99
(All from Boots)
 
I have been using the Trevor Sorbie shampoo and conditioner for a while now and I really think it is working well for my hair at the moment. Since I have naturally curly hair, its hard to find shampoo's and conditioner's that don't just make my hair go fluffy and basically look like a mess, but this one really enhances my curls instead of flattening them. I hadn't ever heard of this make before, so I was slightly apprehensive but I thought I'd give it go because its good for your hair to change your shampoo and conditioner every now and then. I am super pleased with the results at the moment, so I think I will be using this for a little while longer. I don't think the price is too bad either, so I would try this out if like me you have natural curls or waves and just want a hair product that actually defines them rather than ruin them.
 
The second thing I bought was the TRESemmé Instant Refresh dry shampoo. I always use Batiste for my dry shampoo, but the one thing that really annoys me about that product is the white powder that gets left in your hair. Its really hard to rub that out and because your hair is already looking a bit worse for wear in the first place, touching it loads and loads isn't helping. So when I read on the tin that this one from TRESemmé doesn't have the annoying white powder, I just had to try it and find out. I don't really have much to say about this one since I've never tried it before but I will do a little review about it soon, telling you guys if it actually does what it says on the tin. Here's hoping!
Lastly, I purchased the Max Factor 'Clump Defy' False Lash Effect mascara. I have recently ran out of my last mascara, so I was in desperate need of a new one. I like to change my mascara's just so I can see if my eyelashes look any different when using a different one, so when I saw this I just wanted to try it. Again, I haven't used this one before so I can't really say if its any good or not but I've used other Max Factor mascara's before and I've liked them, so hopefully this one will be good too. It has a curled brush, like my last one, and I really prefer those kinds because I think they really do help curl your lash up and make a difference. It could just be me thinking that, but I do think they work. It was quite pricey, so its not the most reasonable buy but I think it'll be worth it.
 
Crimson Throne - £7.99
Twilight Breaking Dawn Part 2 - £8.99
The Host - £9.99
(All from HMV)
 
I've seen 2 out of 3 of these, but I'm a sucker for buying DVD's every time I go shopping, I just can't help myself. I think pretty much everyone has watched the Twilight series (including myself) but I hadn't watched this one since it first came out last year, and I wanted to complete my collection, so when I saw this for only £8.99 I thought it was a bargain.
I've seen The Host a few times, but I really enjoyed it even though a lot of people didn't and the critics basically slammed it. I've read the book twice now and just love it, so I guess that's why I understood the film so well but even I have to admit that they made it too confusing, so it'd be so difficult to understand if you hadn't read the book.
And finally, I saw the film 'Crimson Throne' and being an avid horror fan, I thought I'd give it a go for £7.99. Its basically about vampires, and other creatures that are in a battle, so I'm expecting a lot of gore which I'm not too keen on haha. I can't really say much about this because I've never seen it before, but for £7.99 I'm not going to be too upset if I don't love it.
 
Thanks for reading, and I hope you enjoyed my haul!
 
XX



Comments

Popular Posts